Apr 10, 2013

Unit 3 Breaking the law

We've talked about 'death penalty' today.
I want you to write down your opinion about it more.
Do you agree or disagree? Why or why not?
Try to give at least two good reasons to support your idea.

4 comments:

  1. I agree to the death penalty. It's wasteful to use a tax for criminals. And the cruel crime rate has increased. but, I can't say to need it definitely. It's still controversial in terms of the crime recurrence and the wrong verdict. So, I think it needs to use partially. In Korea, there is a death penalty. but, we've never executed it since 1997. So I think we need to keep a current system to prevent a side effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I support the death penalty.There are two reasons.
    First reason is because I could feel pain of victim's family and they want the killer to die.
    Think about this. If you have a family member that died for no reason, and the court decides that the killer is to stay alive, how would you feel?
    I think it's unfair and criminals deserve the death penalty.

    Second reason is because criminals won't be afraid of committing crimes even more. More than 50% of the criminals that are let out of jail end up killing more people or committing more crimes. I believe the death penalty makes crime rate lower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I support the death penalty.
    I think death penalty means warning.
    If the death penalty is abolished, the criminals will be relieved.
    Because, the last punishment disappeared.

    The criminals live in jail for free.
    Accuratly, the budget is nation tax. Think..
    After the death penalty abolished, he(or she) committed murder.
    He live in jail all his life for our money.
    That's awful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I disagree with death penalty.
    First, death penaly is another killing. Death penaly takes away a opportunity to reflect themselves for criminals. The death penalty executors sometimes have a mental problem because they think they killed a person.
    Second, I think death penalty can't be a prevention to serious crime. When criminals who commits a terrible crime, they don't think they will be caught or be punished. They don't think about punishment, they just think about money, fun, and desire.
    Third, everyone makes mistakes. Sometimes, police catch wrong person. If we killed wrong person by death penalty, it becomes a serious inrrevocable mistake.

    ReplyDelete