May 2, 2013

Unit 2 What do you mean?

Could you find more examples of Konglish? It's okay to find some typical mistakes Koreans make when they speak English.

Examples)
I played with friends yesterday. (Typical mistakes by Koreans)
---> I hung out (spent time) with friends yesterday. (English expression)

8 comments:

  1. Hello~ Good morning~! This is Chris in the first time class.
    Today I learned about Konglish we use frequently.
    I searched and found out much more expressions.
    Here are the my findings.

    Konglish / English
    =======================================
    Handle / Steering wheel
    Remocon / Remote control
    Morming call / Wake-up call
    Hotchikiss / Stapler
    Fighting / Go, Come on, Cheer up
    Vinylhouse / Greenhouse

    Have a good day~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.this is cathy.I am in the third class.
    Today morning No idears about koglish occurred to me. but i can find out good examples in the internet.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    * free size -> one-size-fits-all
    The skirt comes in one size fits all.
    * overeat-> vomitting
    I had to clean up the vomit from last night's party.
    * old miss-> old maid
    My mam's scared that my sister will be an old maild
    * concent -> outlet
    The woman couldn't find the electrical outlet.
    * klaxon-> horn
    The man is honking a horn.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    have a good day~ ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also think about handle.
    He turned the handle.
    =>He turned the steering wheel.
    Let's Dutch pay.
    =>Let's go Dutch.
    This autobike is very expensive.
    =>This motorcycle is very expensive.
    I'm not satisfied with the after service.
    =>I'm not satisfied with the customer service.
    Put all ingredients into mixer.
    =>Put all ingredients into blender.
    Yujaesuk is my favorite gagman.
    =>Yujeasuk is my favorite comedian.


    ReplyDelete
  5. conning => cheating
    remocon => remote control
    morning call => weak up call
    circle => club(동아리)
    all "A" => straight "A"(about record)
    again test => make-up test
    note book => laptop
    arbite(alba) => part time job
    sharp pencil => mechanical pencil
    dutch pay => going dutch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Health club / Gym
    Talent / actor
    back mirror / realview mirror
    Mixer / blender
    Cunning / cheating
    Sign / signature, autograph
    Vinyl bag / plastic back
    gagman / comedian
    Maker / brand
    Magic pen / Marker

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pop song / English song
    Hair band / Head band
    Kick board / Scooter
    Moning call / Wake-up call
    Open car / Convertible car
    Self carmera / Home video
    Sports dance / ballroom dance
    Quiz / Short test

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good evening,
    teacher, how are you?
    I'm so glad to do my homework.
    Konglish / English
    --------------------
    sunglass / sunglasses
    meeting / blind date
    dead ball / hit by pitch ball
    teacher, how are you? / mamm or Ms. how are you?
    notebook / laptop
    punc / flat

    Good night!!

    ReplyDelete